Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pre-Departure | Fiona Carey

     Kahani has meant a lot for all of us. It's made us ache in our hearts, brains, and calves alternately. It's pushed us to be bold and honest in devising something unique to ourselves, and to the layered moments of its wild and twisting creation, but also, hopefully, somewhat universal. Kahani has also meant cups of tea and fig newtons as we gather after a tiring rehearsal and do-your-Indian-visa-application parties at 2 in the morning; lots of sweat, lots of laughter. MORE SWEAT AND MORE LAUGHTER TO COME IN INDIA!!!!!!!!!!
     I find that, while I loved the intellectual work we did, I experienced that age-old theatrical thing whereby our best work came when, informed by that scholarly grounding, we were able to transcend it into the realm of the wordless, the gestural, and the electric. And I've learned a lot about myself, but that's not nearly so valuable as the moments of connection we've all shared — collaborators, audience, passersby, blog-followers... ;-) Our Kahani is a very, very social thing. I can't wait to see how that will expand in the next leg of the journey.
I AM ALL ABUZZ FOR THE NEXT LEG OF THE JOURNEY!!!
Fiona Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment