Well so far this summer has been busy. Between family vacations up north, work, SIP preparations, and trying to catch up on all the sleep I've missed since going abroad last fall, I've barely had a chance to get excited for India. However, now that I'm leaving in less than 24 hours, I can no longer come up with excuses to put off packing. The idea that in just a few days I will be performing Kahani in an outdoor venue in India just blows my mind. This show that we've all put so much effort into creating will finally be put on display for a primarily Indian audience, and the reactions we're going to receive will be completely different from those from Kalamazoo. I'm really excited for this trip for a million reasons, but there is one thing specifically that I'm anxious for: the heat. Here in southwest Michigan it's reaching nearly 100 degrees in the afternoons, and I dread leaving my parent's air conditioned house. Will it be even worse over there, when we're performing or walking around exploring the city? Will I spend the entire trip drenched in sweat from the high humidity? I'm a Fall/Winter kind of guy, so I've never been a fan of the heat, and this has been adding a lot of stress to my packing. Regardless, I know I'll have a blast, and eat some really good food, so whatever else happens it will all be worth it.
Alden Phillps
No comments:
Post a Comment